Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Back to School = Exhaustion

I just started my tenth year of teaching, I remembered to check out the weekly ads for good deals on school supplies, took time to get my classroom ready and looking good for the year, and greeted the kids on day one...but somehow I forgot how tired going back to school makes me!

The first week or so the adrenaline of the kids and the newness of the year keeps you going, but now that we are settling into a routine...I am tired!  I love my job and I go 100% while I am at school and love every minute I spend with my students, but when I get home I don't want to leave.  I want to cuddle up on my couch, do some schoolwork in my comfys, and watch mindless television.  Every fall,  I forget how long it takes for some routines to fall in to place, but I have completely forgotten how long it takes me to adjust to an earlier bedtime, not snacking off and on all day, and living on a schedule.

It is a short week after a long weekend, hopefully a low-key weekend and some time to relax will get me caught up for next week. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment